Thursday, March 23, 2023

I AM DONE EDITING! - 3/23/23

      Hi blog, the day is finally here... I AM FINALLY FINISHED EDITING. Now I’ll be able to move on to my CCR! Editing took me about three or four days straight just working, and not doing ANYTHING else. I originally thought the editing would be pretty simple; just splicing a few clips together, adding a song or two, and then being done. However, the editing process was super tedious, and it took me forever.

      I ended up foiling a couple of sounds. For example, when Taylor steps out of the car in the beginning, her footsteps are foiled, along with the dangling of the keys that I created when she reaches into her pocket. I also created the sound when she’s texting along with the swoosh when she sends the message around the middle of the film opening. 

      I ended up having to spend a very long time on the last couple of seconds when she goes to submit her assignment. This is because I actually had to inspect the canvas page because I had to create an assignment for her to submit her psych project, as I in fact, did not have a random psych project assignment lying around that I could use. So I had to inspect the page: I created instructions for the assignment, and I created a fake submission, I had to change the title of the tab, the title of the assignment, the submission details, along with the date and the time submit. This took a pretty long time as I obviously am not the most computer savvy; however, I figured it out. I wanted to make sure that there were enough details in the project to make it seem realistic. I also had to inspect the page and change the assignment to say Taylor Fullman instead of my name (when she realizes that she has to do the assignment), because that’s the character's name and it wouldn’t make sense for it to say my name, a random name in the film opening. 

      I also had to create the opening clip with the company, Bright Light Films; I had to foil the sound too. I made the light switch on and off, and I used an electric razor to create the buzzing sound for when you can see the light shining below the words. I created the logo on Canva and then imported four separate photos into adobe premiere: the black screen, the black screen with the light, the black screen with the light, and the words on the black screen with the light, words, and reflection on the bottom. 

      I went back and watched the whole video to make sure that everything was okay, then I moved on to the credits. I didn’t necessarily know where to put the credits because I know that a lot of the time credits go at the beginning of the film when the music is playing. However, I had the music playing around halfway through so I decided to put it there as that would make the most sense and it would be awkwardly placed if I put it at the beginning of the film opening. I again used Canva to find my fonts. I created the credits on Canva, and then I copied them with a transparent background and download them into Adobe Premiere. 

      Once I was done filling out all of the credits, I watched the video again and decided to change up the bathroom scene a bit. Originally there was one clip of Taylor splashing water in her face, but I changed it into two clips, one being a little more close-up while turning the volume of the music down in order to create that little personal connection with her which I know my genre loves to do. If you guys don’t remember, my genre is coming of age and I wanted to make sure that because my target audience is teenagers they would feel a connection to Taylor being the teenager. Then, I ended up creating a sound for the end of the film opening. When you see the title I wanted to put a sigh as a sigh of relief that she’s finally done it and submitted it at 11:59. I used a pretty basic font for the end because I felt that it was simplistic, and I thought that it looked a lot like the time on the clock, I had to put some different keyframes for the position and the scale of it. The numbers began with the scale being very small and the numbers being out of frame. Then they get bigger as the computer closes. They also move down so you get the full view of the numbers.

      I’ve watched this video now about probably 20 times just to make sure that everything looks right and I think that for the most part, I’m probably done editing. Maybe I’ll change a couple of things here and there but now I’ll be able to focus on my CCR. I have about a week left to finish the project, so I think I’m doing pretty well on time. If anything changes I’ll definitely let you guys know and I’ll update you guys on how my CCR is coming along!

I’ll talk to you guys later. Signing off!
- Amanda Margulies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening - 4/2/23

Here is the link to my two minute film opening! https://youtu.be/qF-pRffSDgc I hope you guys have enjoyed this journey with me. Signing off!...