Saturday, March 25, 2023

CCR SCRIPT - 3/25/23

      Hi blog, I’ve begun my CCR creation and I’m so excited! At first, I was pretty confused about what I wanted to do but I decided to start the script anyway and see what came to mind. I have four questions that I need to answer which I explained in depth, in a previous blog post. 

      I have to divide them in half between two types of media and after looking at some past CCR videos and having the CCR lesson in class... I’ve decided that for the first two questions, I’m going to do a YouTube video where I review the film opening. For the second one, I’m going to do an interview similar to a talk show where my dad will ask me questions about my film pertaining to the third and fourth questions.

      So far I've been using a lot of my blog posts and sources cited on there to help me with my CCR. especially for the genre, I researched a lot previously to the CCR so I have a lot of research readily available. This is great because I can see the CCR script will take a long time. This first question took me around 2-3 hours to write!

      While I've written the script it's also given me time to watch over my film opening and I've been able to spot little details in it that I didn't previously.

      I’ve written a script for the first question; I have now realized I’m running into a timing issue. For the first question, I wrote about 800 to 900 words. I felt that was too long, so I timed myself reading it, it took me around four minutes. My CCR should be around seven minutes but can be ten. I’d like to keep it at seven minutes; however, I do not know how that would be possible seeing that I’ve already written so much. 

      I'm worried that it will take me a really long time to edit the CCR because it took me 3 or 4 days straight simply focusing on the film opening. But, the CCR is less about camera cuts and more about the information I will be presenting, so I don't think it should take as long. I hoped that I would finish my CCR script today, but now I see it is much more time-consuming and requires a lot more brain power than I had initially assumed.

      I hope that I will be able to figure this out tomorrow in class. I’m going to ask my teacher what I can do to help with this. I have some other questions I need to ask her about citing sources and just some overall questions about my film opening that I haven’t been able to ask her over spring break. 

      I’m very excited that my project is moving along now. It took a pretty long time before I began editing. But now that I began editing, the process is becoming much lengthier. I want to make my CCR relatable and interesting to watch because I don’t want people to get bored as it’s gonna be very long with a lot of words. I also know that I need to include a lot of graphics, which are going to be pictures and videos of my film and other films to compare it to. 

      I'll update you guys soon with the end of my CCR script and some other details about my project as it closes out this upcoming week. I can't believe my project is almost done, it's been such a journey!

I’ll talk to you guys later. Signing off!
- Amanda Margulies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening - 4/2/23

Here is the link to my two minute film opening! https://youtu.be/qF-pRffSDgc I hope you guys have enjoyed this journey with me. Signing off!...