Monday, February 27, 2023

GROUP MEETINGS - 2/27/23

Hey everyone, I’m back! My teacher had been mentioning group meetings for a while now and we were supposed to have one last week. However, there were many drills and code reds which took place of that so we had to postpone it to this week. So, this class she split up in groups of five and we discussed how we were doing with our projects, what we’re planning, with how we felt about other people’s projects.

      So there were five people in my group, 2 of the peoples projects are going pretty well. One person‘s project was going nowhere at all and one person‘s project was doing so amazing that I second-guessed myself a little bit. The two people I’m going to discuss are Lucas and Connor. So, Lucas was having a little bit of an issue with his project because he had no idea what to do. He was working in a group with three other people and I noticed that he was running into the same situation that I had been running into with my group in the past. The issue is that they all either had too many really good ideas or not enough ideas as a whole, and having not enough ideas as a whole can be really discouraging; this is what he was going through. I went through the first option: more of us having too many ideas that we can’t decide between. So, we looked over his blog and we noticed that all of his posts had 3 to 4 sentences max and we told him that he needs to start brainstorming a little bit more because his project is going to be very last minute if he doesn’t, and it’s going to mess up all the other group members as well. He started typing up some new blogs, and we were talking to him about his ideas and how they were the genre of horror and suspense. We discussed some things that he could do with it, and how he could present some new ideas to the group members. He seemed pretty relaxed about it, but as I know from the past, even if you’re relaxed that you’re not doing anything with your project currently, it’s gonna catch up to you and probably not going to end up well.


      Connors project was going very well and that is to no surprise because he’s very into theater and the kids in the theater program tend to have very good projects. All of his plans are set out, his blogs had very lengthy posts and he was actually one of the people who gave me a lot of criticism on my project, which was very helpful because in the coming week I will start filming my project. Connor actually loved my project plans which definitely helped with my self-esteem about it because usually he knows what he’s doing. He complimented me on my calendar that I made and said that even he hadn’t had it that organized but that he was definitely gonna start doing one, which he ended up doing near the end of class He worked out some stuff with me about my setting plans. I explained the whole metaphorical meaning of the title 11:59 and the whole group took that very well.
 

The blog post they liked the most:


      Overall, I think that the group meetings went pretty well. The two other girls in the group both had pretty good ideas. We helped one girl because she was deciding between two ideas. One of which to the rest of us was clearly the better plan because it was the idea that did not involve a driving scene as those can be pretty difficult to execute. The other girls project seemed like it was going pretty well and she had all of her plans set out, and some dates picked for filming and editing. I think that the group meetings helped me feel more organized and get my confidence back as I was lacking lots for the past week. Now I’m definitely confident in my filming plans and editing for the rest of the week!

I’ll talk to you guys later. Signing off!
- Amanda Margulies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening - 4/2/23

Here is the link to my two minute film opening! https://youtu.be/qF-pRffSDgc I hope you guys have enjoyed this journey with me. Signing off!...