Sunday, February 12, 2023

TRANSITION INTO PORFOLIO PROJECT - 2/12/23

       This upcoming week, I will transition into my AICE Media AS-level portfolio project! For this portion of the project, I have to create a 2-minute long completely original film opening. In this film opening, I am supposed to use everything I've learned so far in the class about shots, editing, sound, mise-en-scene, etc. If I'm being completely honest, I'm a little scared. Creating such an intricate piece of media is difficult; there are so many factors to take into consideration. What genre do I wasn't to use? What do I want my characters to look like and say? What will the setting look like? All of these questions I will be researching all throughout next week. 

      As I look back upon my recent projects, there is one common factor in most: working in the same group with 3 other students. This brings me to my newest conflict, should I work in a group for this project? Right now, I have no idea. If I work in a group, there's a chance that the brainstorming process will go smoother, but there's also a chance that it will be a complete mess. On every group project I've done in this class, I've had issues with agreeing on anything, along with issues executing the project correctly in the first place. I guess I'm just scared of trying something so important on my own. I even went on safari to grab some advice because I really don't know what to do! I went to this website which might have actually confused me more. On one hand, the number of creative minds is increased, but from my prior experiences, productivity is likely to decrease. However, the project will go on for 7 weeks so maybe that won't matter like it has in the past; I don't know, but I'll have to make that decision in the next few days.

      For the video itself, I also don't necessarily know what I'm doing yet. In class we watched professional and student samples of film openings and my jaw dropped for almost every video. My teacher kept on saying how some of the students were amateurs just like me, but I don't know... some of those projects were REALLY good. I definitely want to go the route of having a super girly teenage girl in the opening. As a kid, I always loved videos that began with girly girls getting ready on YouTube, or in movies. So, I would like to reflect on that and tie it into a story for my video. One idea I had was having 2 girls who are identical twins, but the complete opposite. The film opening could be them getting ready for their day, and reflecting upon how completely different they are. This film's opening would fall under the teenage comedy/drama genre. I'm not sure yet if that idea is good enough to develop into a rich story, but I'll find that out as I brainstorm more this next week. I would love to make the girl's vibe contrast just like these rooms:



I'll talk to you guys later! Signing off
- Amanda Margulies :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening - 4/2/23

Here is the link to my two minute film opening! https://youtu.be/qF-pRffSDgc I hope you guys have enjoyed this journey with me. Signing off!...