Saturday, March 18, 2023

EDITING - 3/18/23


Hi blog, happy spring break!!! So, this upcoming week is probably going to be pretty difficult for my project as its spring break and I really want to try and relax. These past couple weeks have been very stressful, which I talked about in my last post. However, today I wanted to get a head start, and that head start included some editing. 

In projects before in AICE media class I was editing on adobe premiere Pro or iMovie. Now I know that adobe premiere pro is of course much more efficient than imovie. However, premiere Pro has proven to lead to some issues in compatibility with my computer, but I wanted to try anyway. So, I started premiere Pro on my computer and started editing a couple of shots that I filmed last week. Once I started editing these shots, premiere Pro completely crashed my computer for an hour. I tried again, one more time but the same thing happened so I decided that using iMovie would be much better. Now iMovie isn’t the worst case scenario as it’s still an editing software; however, it is not as high-tech as  Premier Pro or some other websites. 

I do like that iMovie can be used on my phone which means that I can edit from wherever I am. I’m usually not home as this is spring break and I’m trying my hardest not to stay cooped up in my room. 

Using iMovie has been not the most interesting experience as it doesn’t have that many features however, it has been an easy experience because it’s not prone to crash in my phone or making it slow down 

On iMovie it’s much harder to make clips very short because it has a limit to how short your clips can be. While on Premier the clips can be a short as you want. I also find that it’s hard to layer videos, or sounds on iMovie, because it only lets you layer three clips at once. So, if I need to layer four times or more I’ll need to finish editing the first film and then move that video into another iMovie project and start layering on there. 

I haven’t begun editing sound yet, but I’m sure that the layering issue will definitely come across when I’m attempting to do that because I have to layer songs in and I also have to create Foley sounds of outdoors. So, I’m sure that that will be a bit of a struggle, but I hope I’ll be able to figure everything out and Imovie in the end is most likely the better option for me.

I’ll talk to you guys later. Signing off!
- Amanda Margulies




No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening - 4/2/23

Here is the link to my two minute film opening! https://youtu.be/qF-pRffSDgc I hope you guys have enjoyed this journey with me. Signing off!...