Sunday, March 19, 2023

SURPRISE! - 3/19/23

Hi blog, I have an expected yet surprising update...

      So I know yesterday I said that I was switching to iMovie, but I spent all day trying to edit the video with the sound, the sound effects, and all the cuts and clips... 

      I caved, I couldn’t do it. I actually could not do it. So, I went back to my handy old computer that crashes every time I open up Premiere. What else was I supposed to do?

      I opened up Premier and began researching different ways to use Premiere on my computer in order to make sure that it wouldn’t crash. I found that I actually needed to get rid of a lot of storage on my computer, which definitely helped Premiere run faster. Since I don’t have an Apple Computer, I ended up having to take hours to import every single thing from my phone onto my Microsoft surface, because now I’m not editing straight from my phone. Although this took a long time I know that in the future it’ll end up being more beneficial to me than not.

      So I opened up Premiere and I began dragging all of my clips in. Every time I drag in one clip, I would hit enter, which renders the videos and make sure that my computer doesn’t crash. I ended up having about 80 to 100 shots that I had to edit. I began today by simply putting them in order and making sure that they all ran smoothly; this is so that throughout the week as I edit them, the crashing is as minimal as possible. 

      I also began playing around with different ways that I could place the clips in order. I found that, although I envisioned a certain order of clips in my head sometimes it’s okay to switch out that order if it looks better for the aesthetics of your film in relation to the sound or simply so that the film doesn’t appear all over the place.

      The song I chose definitely will help me edit because it’s kind of a guideline of what I should be doing. Once I began editing I lined up the different clips with the song. Now the song only currently takes place in the second half of the video; however, I’m still trying to decide where to put the credits. I am most likely going to place them in the beginning, so I’ll probably add some of that song over the credits too.

      Now that I’ve been editing, I realize that there was absolutely no way that I could’ve done it on iMovie. The amount of clips that I have to layer is insane. iMovie only allows you to layer three; however, I already have a part in my film that layer fourteen clips, and that doesn't even count any of the sound layerings! 

      My laptop only crashed two times today which is much better than the last time. I think that as long as I continue to render all of my clips as I add them in, the video should end up perfectly fine and my laptop crashing should be condensed to a minimum.


I’ll talk to you guys later. Signing off!
- Amanda Margulies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening - 4/2/23

Here is the link to my two minute film opening! https://youtu.be/qF-pRffSDgc I hope you guys have enjoyed this journey with me. Signing off!...