Wednesday, March 15, 2023

MUSIC - 3/15/23

      This week has been pretty stressful for me as it’s been the end of the third quarter, which, as I have expressed in recent posts has been pretty difficult for me. So, I wanted to take a step back from the project a little bit: however, that led me to realize that I ABSOLUTELY 100% CAN NOT and will not sit back from this project because I still have so much to do.

      As I begin thinking about editing, I realized that I still needed to pick out my music. Now, music is something that I’ve been struggling with since the beginning of the project because I couldn’t put my finger on the exact type of song I wanted, where I was going to get my song, how to get the songs for free without copyright, and all those other little tiny details that you wouldn’t usually think about. Now that I have this project, I realize that finding music is not as easy as it seems.

      I went scouting for music on different websites such as Spotify, YouTube, and other copyright-free websites. I won’t reveal my song yet until the end of this post. I found my song through Spotify. I’m actually an Apple Music listener, but I asked some friends who have also taken this class, and they said that Spotify was a really great way to find a variety of different songs that were copyright-free. So, I looked up copyright-free music on Spotify and I listened to around 50 songs. Then, I finally found the song that I wanted.

      Now, originally my film was going to be more stressful or sad. However, once I begin looking for songs, I realized that that would be a little bit too difficult; I found that the song I chose fit what I wanted the project to be about a bit more. My song is actually pretty upbeat and very encouraging which is something that Taylor clearly needs in the film.

The song I chose is
DRUMROLL PLEASE...

Anymore - N3X

      The song is copyright-free!!! I went to YouTube to get the full version of this song as Spotify only allowed me to hear a short clip of it because I am not signed up for Spotify. I’m very happy with my song choice, especially because of all of the beats and snaps in the song. It'll be easy to cut and move around within my video however I may please, which will allow for an overall smoother film.

Link to the song:



I’ll talk to you guys later. Signing off!
- Amanda Margulies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening - 4/2/23

Here is the link to my two minute film opening! https://youtu.be/qF-pRffSDgc I hope you guys have enjoyed this journey with me. Signing off!...