Thursday, March 9, 2023

BLOG ANALYSIS ASSIGNMENT - 3/9/23

      Today I walked into class, thinking that we were just going to continue our blogs like normal. But, Mrs. Stoklosa decided that we would do an assignment called blog analysis. In the assignment, she showed us four different blogs and asked just a couple questions about them. Now, usually, I would be annoyed that we would have an assignment during the time I could work on my project, but this assignment ended up helping me move further with my blog.

      We were told to review the blogs and find things within the blogs that we would like to add to our blogs or what we would change about their blogs, etc. I found that the two blogs I chose to read use a lot of images, which are really good at engaging the audience because when I look at a screen and I see a bunch of words, I’m usually pretty uninterested however, the photos allow the reader to get more of the backstory on with the reading and stay a little more interested. I liked the embedded links of these blogs where you can click on them and read more about perhaps a celebrity or a type of shot or angle or maybe something about the setting or where you can read about a film. I find that these allow the reader to understand exactly what they're reading instead of having to interpret everything that’s on the screen

      As a person who really doesn’t like to write or read them, I find that reading these blogs has helped me because it shows me that not everything in my blogs, or in any writing in general has to be just writing I can include images and examples of things that I’m doing in the real world, which is the same amount of work as writing something. 

      After I did this assignment, I read over some blog posts of mine, and I found that I can start adding in more photos of my project as I’m moving along with the execution of it along with more links to show exactly what I’m doing, or potentially an example of someone else doing it.

      I also liked how the blogs I chose to read use a lot of casual language, which I try my hardest to incorporate into my blog because a blog shouldn’t be something that you read that sounds like it just came out of your language arts classroom. It should sound like something personal or at least that’s what I would like my blog to sound like, I think personality is key and that people should try their hardest to not be monotone when blogging. Sometimes what I like to do is instead of typing a speaking into my blog, I like to talk into the microphone on my phone so that I get to write down exactly what I said, just as it would come out of my mouth 


These are some of the questions we were asked:


Which blogs did you review?
What was done well within these blogs?
What type of posting is most engaging (what are the specific elements of an engaging post, provide specific examples from both blogs)?

I’ll talk to you guys later. Signing off!
- Amanda Margulies


No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening - 4/2/23

Here is the link to my two minute film opening! https://youtu.be/qF-pRffSDgc I hope you guys have enjoyed this journey with me. Signing off!...