Monday, March 13, 2023

REFILMING - 3/11/23

      Over the past week, as I was watching over some of my clips, I realized that I needed to refilm a lot of things because either the angle was incorrect or you can’t hear exactly what the character Taylor who’s played by my friend Sammy is trying to say, or little things like that. So this weekend I took it upon myself to invite my friend Sammy over to re-film those things.

      Now this time when filming I made sure that we didn’t make any spur-of-the-moment decisions like we did last time as I stated in my blog last week. So, the second she came over we made a list of all of the shots that we needed to fix along with how we were going to fix them and in what order we were going to fix them. This helped because we weren’t running around, like chickens about heads, and we actually knew what we were doing. Last time we made a lot of decisions on the spot which led to this decision to continue filming. This decision, of course, led me to not be able to start editing this weekend, which has definitely been a major setback for me as now I will have to work on this project over spring break, but you’ve got to do what you’ve gotta do if you want your film to come out as good as it could be, and live up to its full potential.

      This time I made sure to stay with all of my ideas instead of listening to certain ideas that Sammy had although she does know a lot about filmmaking. I felt that because this was my project and it was my idea it would make much more sense for me to just make all of the decisions and have her simply do what I tell her to for each shot. Surprisingly it didn’t take very long to fix the scenes that we had to. I think that is all thanks to the list that we made which split up everything that we needed to do. I think that last week took so long because we didn't have a list.  

      This time I made sure that my tripod was working correctly and had all of its parts. Last week it was not working correctly because it broke halfway through, and I ended up having to make a makeshift tripod and find other ways to film, which led to shaky and blurry videos. 

      What this has taught me is that planning is key and it’s not always the best idea to bring your creative mind to the table right before filming. You should be planning in advance so that when it comes time to film you know exactly what you’re doing and you don’t have to go back and film multiple times. This way, you don’t have to drag the people who are playing the characters out a second time when they might have plans that they would want to be doing on the weekend instead of playing a character for your short film opening. 

Some shots we had to fix:



I’ll talk to you guys later. Signing off!
- Amanda Margulies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening - 4/2/23

Here is the link to my two minute film opening! https://youtu.be/qF-pRffSDgc I hope you guys have enjoyed this journey with me. Signing off!...