Friday, February 24, 2023

SCHEDULE - 2/24/23

      Hey everyone! I just finished creating my schedule for my portfolio project! I knew that this project was going to take a lot of time, but this calendar really put that not perspective. Hrre I listed due dates for every component of the project along with which dates I'll be working on them.

Here's the calendar:


      
      Just like Taylor, I am not the most organized, so this was probably the first schedule I've made in a REALLY long time. But, now that I've made it I see its importance.

Why is a schedule so important?

      With a schedule, I can make sure I have enough time for every component of this project as there are SO SO SO many. For example, If I think I need 2 weeks to film all the clips, I can make sure to leave myself with enough time to edit rather than overcompensate for creating blog posts or my CCR. if I'm not organized I could find myself struggling to finish my project as time runs out. I've had this issue before, especially in my group projects in the past. We spend so much time planning and brainstorming in the beginning, and when it becomes time to execute we have only a couple days left. Not only do our stress levels skyrocket, but we don't have enough time to meticulously do what needs to be done. We also don't have time to revise and collect peer reviews to further our revisions, which are really important.

      Now that I have this schedule I can make sure that I don't run into that problem ever again. It cost me my grade so many times, and now I can work as hard as I need to with just enough time to do so! I made sure that I left enough time for my CCR creations and I left more than enough time for the blog posts as I'll need to complete over 15. I also had to make sure that with spring break coming up that I plan accordingly; with less of a workload but still have an emphasis on the blog posts. Overall I think that this blog will be beneficial to me and would be beneficial to anyone taking on such a big project.

Talk to you guys later. Signing off!
- Amanda Margulies :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening - 4/2/23

Here is the link to my two minute film opening! https://youtu.be/qF-pRffSDgc I hope you guys have enjoyed this journey with me. Signing off!...